THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL OF ARKANSAS
To: The Medical and Nursing Staffs of the Clinical Programs
The University Hospital of Arkansas
Subject: The Hospital Formulary, 1999 edition.
- The Formulary is a listing of drugs, dosage forms, package sizes, and drug strengths stocked by the Hospital and ACC Pharmacies. It is published as a quick reference to assist the physician and nursing staffs.
- A Formulary System has been in effect at The University Hospital of Arkansas since 1959. The heart of this system is a professional review of all drug requests for continuous stockage. Through the diligent services of the Pharmacy Committee Members, The University Hospital of Arkansas has been able to maintain an up-to-date drug inventory without undue duplication of items.
- Drug products are stocked on the basis of generic equivalency and bio-availability in accordance with federal standards. Substandard products due to formulation, manufacturing procedures, storage, or any other reason will not be tolerated.
- This Formulary contains a listing of the drug items in stock by the Inpatient and Outpatient Pharmacies. In addition there are stated information and procedures that will help you in obtaining Pharmacy Services.
- The support of the Formulary System is an essential element in the “Cost Containment” efforts of this institution.