Associate Dean of Pipeline and Career Development | Graduate School
Associate Director of Diversity Initiatives | Translational Research Institute
College of Pharmacy Graduate Program Director
Member, Division of Radiation Health
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Education & Training
- Jackson State University, Jackson, MS BS
- Indiana University, Bloomington, IN MA
- Indiana University, Bloomington, IN PhD
- University of California, San Francisco Post-Doctoral Fellow
- Teaching Responsibilities
- PhSci 3245 – Principles of Drug Action
- PhSci 4423 – Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
Research & Scholarly Interests
- Dr. Allen received his Ph.D. degree in Evolution, Ecology & Behavior from Indiana University Bloomington in 2010. He received postdoctoral training at the Brain and Spinal Injury Center, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San Francisco.
- Dr. Allen is Associate Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS), member of the College of Pharmacy Division of Radiation Health.
- Dr. Allen’s research examines how inflammation and oxidative stress affect neuronal anatomy and cognitive function after exposure to x-rays, heavy ion irradiation or traumatic brain injury
- Simmons P., Corley, C., Allen A.R. (2022) Fractionated 1H does not impair Hippocampal Dependent Short term and Spatial Memory in Female Mice Toxics PMCID: PMC9503909
- Ntagwabira, F., Trujillo M., McElroy, T., Brown, Simmons P., Allen A.R. (2022) Piperlongumine as a Neuro-Protectant in Chemotherapy Induced Cognitive Impairment. Int J Mol Sci. PMID: 35216124
- Kim, H.,* Richardson, K., Krager, K., Ling, W., Simmons P, Allen A.R., Aykin-Burns N.,* (2021) Simulated Galactic Cosmic Rays stimulated mitochondrial metabolism in osteoclasts increase osteoclastogenesis and causes trabecular bone loss in mice. Int J Mol Sci. PMID: 34769141
- Groves T.R., Corley, C., Byrum, S., Allen A.R. (2021) The Effects of 5-Fluorouracil/Leucovorin Chemotherapy on Cognitive Function in Male Mice. Frontiers in Molecular Biosciences. PMID: 34778377.
- Trujillo, M., Kharbanda, A., Simmons, P., Corley, C., Allen, A.R., (2021) Tocotrienols as an anti-breast cancer agent, a review. Antioxidants (Basel). PMID: 34573015