Associate Professor, Pharmacy Practice
Education II Bldg 6/134E
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Education & Training
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (1996-2000)
- Pre-pharmacy studies, Henderson State University (1993-1996)
- General undergraduate studies, University of Central Arkansas (1992-1993)
- PhPr 6764 Experience – Specialty Pharmacy Practice, Toxicology. (Preceptor)
- PhSc 5152 Toxicology. Clinical toxicology and management of the poisoned patient. (Lecturer)
- PhPr 4454 Dispensing. Concepts in parenteral sterile products and admixture. (Lecturer)
- PhPr 4454 Dispensing. Aseptic technique validation. (Lab Instructor)
- PhSc 3414 Pharmaceutics I. Parenteral -Sterile Products (Lecturer)
- PhPr 3422 Career Orientation & Communication. (Small Group Facilitator)
Research & Scholarly Interests
Novel psychoactive substances
Honors & Awards
- 2012 Inducted to Rho Chi, Beta Iota chapter
- 2011 Diplomate of the American Board of Applied Toxicology
- 2011 Inaugural Jonathan J. Wolfe and Donna M. Wolfe Annual Endowed Award for Faculty Excellence
- 2011 Cited as an AACP Teacher of the Year, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- 2006-2007 American Board of Applied Toxicology training program
- 2005-2006 American Board of Applied Toxicology training program
- 2000 The SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals Award for Superior Achievement in Patient Care, UAMS College of Pharmacy
- American Board of Applied Toxicology
- American Academy of Clinical Toxicology
- American Association of Poison Control Centers
- Arkansas Pharmacists Association
- Arkansas Association of Health-System Pharmacists
- National Home Infusion Association
- Rho Chi Society – The Academic Honor Society in Pharmacy
- Forensic investigation of K2, Spice, and “bath salt” commercial preparations: a three-year study of new designer drug products containing synthetic cannabinoid, stimulant, and hallucinogenic compounds.
Seely KA, Patton AL, Moran CL, Womack ML, Prather PL, Fantegrossi WE, Radominska-Pandya A, Endres GW, Channell KB, Smith NH, McCain KR, James LP, Moran JH.
Forensic Sci Int. 2013 Dec 10;233(1-3):416-22. doi: 10.1016/j.forsciint.2013.10.002. Epub 2013 Oct 14.
- Not simply synthetic tetrahydrocannabinol.
Fantegrossi WE, McCain KR, Moran JH, Hoffman RS. J Pediatr. 2013 Dec;163(6):1797-8. doi: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2013.09.017. Epub 2013 Oct 13.
- Targeted metabolomic approach for assessing human synthetic cannabinoid exposure and pharmacology. Patton AL, Seely KA, Chimalakonda KC, Tran JP, Trass M, Miranda A, Fantegrossi WE, Kennedy PD, Dobrowolski P, Radominska-Pandya A, McCain KR, James LP, Endres GW, Moran JH. Anal Chem. 2013 Oct 1;85(19):9390-9. doi: 10.1021/ac4024704. Epub 2013 Sep 12.
- K2 toxicity: fatal case of psychiatric complications following AM2201 exposure.
Patton AL, Chimalakonda KC, Moran CL, McCain KR, Radominska-Pandya A, James LP, Kokes C, Moran JH. J Forensic Sci. 2013 Nov;58(6):1676-80. doi: 10.1111/1556-4029.12216. Epub 2013 Jul 3.
- Comparison of the effects of energy drink versus caffeine supplementation on indices of 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure.
Franks AM, Schmidt JM, McCain KR, Fraer M.
Ann Pharmacother. 2012 Feb;46(2):192-9. doi: 10.1345/aph.1Q555. Epub 2012 Jan 31.