Education & Training
- Hendrix College – B.A.
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences – M.S.
- University of Maryland Baltimore – Ph.D.
Research & Scholarly Interests
- Medical Devices
- Real-World Data Infrastructure
Honors and Awards
- US Food and Drug Administration, Center for Devices and Radiological Health Honor Award Recipient (June 2021)
- Leveraging/Collaboration Award – MDEpiNet Orthopedics Group for excellence in collaboration between a public-private partnership to facilitate real world evidence development and research to further innovation in orthopedic devices.
- Ranked Top 5% of Peer Reviews for Drug and Alcohol Dependence in 2020
- Rho Chi Honor Society (2019)
- Maryland Center of Excellence in Regulatory Science and Innovation (M-CERSI) scholar (2017) Travel Fund from Food and Drug Administration (FDA) – $1,500
- Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference Academic Honor Roll (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- Odyssey Distinction Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- Hendrix Academic Scholarship (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Hudson TJ, Lu Liya, Williams JS, Booth BM, Martin B, Sullivan M, Painter JT, Gressler LE, Edlund MJ. Factors Associated with Opioid Initiation on OEF/OIF/OND Veterans with Traumatic Brain Injury. Pain Medicine. 2017. doi: 10.1093/pm/pnx208.
Gressler LE, Martin BC, Hudson TJ, Painter JT. The Relationship between Concomitant Benzodiazepine-Opioid Use and Adverse Outcomes Among U.S. Veterans. Pain. 2017. doi: 10.1097/j.pain.0000000000001111
Gressler LE, Hammond DA, Painter JT. Tapentadol and Serotonin Syndrome: A Systematic Review. Journal of Pain and Palliative Care Pharmacotherapy. 2018.
Painter JT, Slabaugh SL, Kathe N, Gressler LE, Blumenschein K. Consumer Willingness to Pay for Pharmacy Services: An Updated Review of the Literature. Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy. 2018.
Gressler LE, Titus-Glover D, Shaya FT. Treatment Modalities for Pregnant Women with Opioid Use Disorder. The Lancet. 392 (10147): 552. 2018.
Gressler LE, Shah S, Park L, Shaya FT. Association of Criminal Statutes for Opioid Use Disorder With Prevalence and Treatment Among Pregnant Women With Commercial Insurance in the United States. JAMA Network Open. 2 (3):e190338-e190338. 2019.
Gressler LE, Natafgi N, Shaneman-Robinson B, DeForge B, Welsh C, Shaya FT. What motivates people with substance use disorders to pursue treatment? A patient-centered approach to understanding patient experiences and patient-provider interactions. Journal of Substance Use, 24:6, 587-599, 2019. DOI: 10.1080/14659891.2019.1620891
Baltz AP, Gressler LE, Costantino RC, McPherson ML. Nonprescription Medication Use in Hospice Patients. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2019 Sep 17:1049909119876259. doi: 10.1177/1049909119876259. PubMed PMID: 31529974
Costantino RC, Gressler LE, Onukwugha E, McPherson ML, Fudin J, Villalonga-Olives E, Slejko JF. Initiation of Transdermal Fentanyl Among US Commercially Insured Patients Between 2007 and 2015 [published online ahead of print, 2020 May 7]. Pain Med. 2020;pnaa091.doi:10.1093/pm/pnaa091
Gressler LE, Baltz AP, Costantino RC, Slejko JF, Onukwugha E. Exploring the Use of State Medical Cannabis Legislation as a Proxy for Medical Cannabis Use among Patients Receiving Chemotherapy. Curr. Treat. Options in Oncol. 22, 1 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11864-020-00803-2
Titus-Glover D, Shaya FT, Welsh C, Qato DM, Shah S, Gressler LE, Vivrette R. Opioid use disorder in pregnancy: leveraging provider perceptions to inform comprehensive treatment. BMC Health Serv Res. 2021 Mar 10;21(1):215. doi: 10.1186/s12913-021-06182-0. PMID: 33691677; PMCID: PMC7945667.
Gressler LE, DosReis S, Chughtai B. Opioid Use and Risks among Commercially Insured Women Undergoing Pelvic Organ Prolapse Repair. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety. 2021 Apr 2. doi: 10.1002/pds.5239. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33797822.
Chen A, Paxton L, Zheng X, Peat R, Mao J, Liebeskind A, Gressler LE, Marinac-Dabic D, Devlin V, Cornelison T, Sedrakyan A. Association of sex with risk of 2-year revision for patients undergoing total hip arthroplasty. JAMA Netw Open. 2021;4(6):e2110687. doi:10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2021.10687
Hayes CJ, Gressler LE, Hu B, Jones B, Williams JS, Martin BC. Trajectories of Opioid Coverage after Long-Term Opioid Therapy Initiation among a National Cohort of U.S. Veterans. [Accepted, Journal of Pain Research]