Associate Professor and Director of Experiential Education, Pharmacy Practice
Department of Experiential Education
Office: Education II Bldg 6/137 a
Education & Training
- Pharmacy Practice Residency, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Hospital, Little Rock, Arkansas, 2009-2010
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Pharmacy, Little Rock, Arkansas, 2005-2009
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, University of the Ozarks, Clarksville, Arkansas, 2001-2005
- PhPr 5636 Therapeutics II (Coordinator and Lecturer): Hematology/Thrombosis: Management of Venous Thromboembolism I; Management of Venous Thromboembolism II; Hypercoagulable States (2013); Anemia; Sickle Cell Anemia; Myeloproliferative Neoplasms/Disorders (2014-2015); Pain III, Pain IV.
- PHPR 5332 Special Problems Clinical Practice [elective]. Coordinator/Lecturer. Pain Elective.
- PHPR 7355 Special Problems [elective]. Co-Coordinator/Lecturer. Research elective.
- PHPR 5332 Special Problems [elective]. Co-Coordinator/Lecturer. Leadership.
- Clinical Pharmacist, Sickle Cell Clinic, UAMS Cancer Institute (2016-Present)
- Previous Experience:
- Clinical Pharmacist, Palliative Care Clinic, UAMS Cancer Institute (2011-2015)
- Clinical Pharmacist, Medical Oncology Clinic, UAMS Cancer Institute (2010-2012)
- Clinical Pharmacist, Anticoagulation Clinic, UAMS Outpatient Center (2009-2018)
Research & Scholarly Interests
- Non opioid and opioid pain management and related research
- Objective structured clinical examination related research
- Experiential related academic research
- Smartphone applications for medication adherence research
Honors & Awards
- AR-ACCP New Investigator Award, 2016
- Selected by The Rho Chi Society, Beta Iota Chapter into The Society as a faculty member, November 13, 2015
- Phi Delta Chi Distinguished Alumnus, Beta Eta Chapter 2013-2014
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP)
- American Pharmacists Association (APhA)
- American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP)
- Arkansas Pharmacists Association (APA)
- Arkansas Association of Health-System Pharmacists
- Pritchard ER, Dayer LE, Belz J, Forseth B, Harrington S, Painter JT. Effect of cannabis on opioid utilization in patients with cancer receiving palliative care. JAPhA, Special Issue on Cannabis. Published online 11/5/19.
- Dayer LE, McDade ER, and Harrington S. Pharmacist-delivered patient care in an interdisciplinary team-based institutional palliative care clinic, 2012-2018. J Palliat Care, 2019 [Epub ahead of print]. DOI: 10.1177/0825859719869614
- Dayer LE, Breckling MN, Kling BS, Lakkad M, McDade ER, Painter JT. Association of the “CDC guidelines for prescribing opioids for chronic pain” with emergency department opioid prescribing. The Journal of Emergency Medicine 2019; 57(5): 597-602
- Dayer LE, Painter JT, McCain K, King J, Cullen J & Foster HR. A recent history of opioid use in the US: Three decades of change. Substance Use & Misuse, 2018 (published online) DOI: 10.1080/10826084.2018.1517175
- Heldenbrand SD, Dayer LE, Martin BC, O’Brien C, Choi, AN, Gubbins PO, Hawthorne, J, Ramey M, Willis K, and Flowers SK. APPE Evaluations are Positively Associated with MMI, Pre-pharmacy GPA and Pharmacy GPA. AJPE 2018;82(7) Article 6326; 818-825