Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Education & Training
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow( Jan 2017 to present): at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS), College of Pharmacy, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
- Scientist (Sept 2015-Dec 2016): at GMK Research Laboratories, Department of Research & Development, Hyderabad, India
- Post-Doc Research Fellow (Feb 2012 to Aug 2015): at Academia Sinica, Institute of Chemistry, New Taipei city, Taiwan (R.O.C)
RESEARCH & EDUCATION
- Ph.D Medicinal Chemistry (2007-2012)
Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology, Warangal, TS, INDIAThesis Title: Synthesis and biological studies of fused heteroaryls
- M.Sc, Medicinal Chemistry, First Division with Distinction (2005-2007)
National Institute of Technology, Warangal, TS, INDIA
- B.Sc, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, First Division (2001-2004)
Osmania University, TS, INDIA
Research & Scholarly Interests
- Synthetic organic and chiral auxiliary based asymmetric synthesis
- Bioorganic and medicinal chemistry
- Design and synthesis of novel chemical entities for drug discovery by innovative strategies, also exploration in the development of new useful methodologies in organic synthesis. Our research group focuses on the design, synthesis, and structure-activity relationship study of novel GSK-3β inhibitors, protein aggregation inhibitors, bio-film formation inhibitors and metal ionophores for exploring the metal hypothesis of Alzheimer’s Disease. We are also focusing on the design and synthesis of TDZD analogs as anti-cancer agents and also sesquiterpene lactone parthenolide analogs melampomagnolide B, prodrugs and co-drugs as anti-leukemic agents. Our research group is also interested in the eco-friendly process development of Active Pharma Ingredients (API), in cost effective synthetic methodologies including microwave irradiation techniques in order to prepare the library of compounds in short time with good quality and yield.
Honors & Awards
- Selected for Direct CSIR-SRF Fellowship, conducted by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India at New Delhi.
(CHEM-21, Ack. No 121062/2K9/1)
- Selected as a Junior Research Fellow for the CSIR funded major research project.
- Qualified in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering-2007
- American Association of pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS)-Member (2017)
- American Chemical Society-Member-(2018)