Message from the Department Chair
Welcome to the UAMS College of Pharmacy Department of Pharmacy Practice. Our mission is to be a center of excellence for pharmacy education, practice, research, and service to the state of Arkansas, the profession of pharmacy, and society as a whole.
In order to achieve this mission, our department:
- Utilizes innovative methods and technologies to educate and promote lifelong learning among pharmacy students, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals.
- Advances pharmacy through excellent postgraduate and graduate pharmacy education that prepares students to contribute to the improvement of health and wellness.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates evidence-based, innovative interprofessional clinical practice to optimize patient therapy in a variety of patient care settings.
- Disseminates nationally and internationally recognized research in multiple areas including: (1) The effective, safe, and economical use of medications with the intent of improving their rational use in patients and society. (2) The development and assessment of innovative teaching and learning methods. (3) The development, testing, and implementation of innovative pharmacy services.
- Provides leadership in the advancement of the pharmacy profession through public service.
Our department has a diverse faculty that contribute to the many aspects of our mission as well as serve in a variety of roles on the UAMS campus.