- Duration/Type: 12 months/residency
- Number of Positions: 7
- Starting Date: July 1
Residents will gain the tools they need to be leaders in community pharmacy practice with expertise in the development and delivery of patient care services. Residents will work with experienced practitioners and business leaders to implement and study the effectiveness of new programs, enhance existing services and enhance educational skills through didactic and experiential teaching. Residents will also learn how to deliver enhanced clinical services in the community pharmacy setting including, but not limited to, MTM, transitions of care, and chronic care management.
Residents will match with one of several sites across the state of Arkansas. Each residency site has a residency site coordinator who serves as the primary point of contact for the practice site. This person oversees the training of the resident and coordinates with other preceptors to ensure learning experiences are progressing. Monthly audio-visual conference calls allows for sharing of practice experiences with co-residents across the state. This program partners with University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Pharmacy, which provides a Teaching Certificate and Research Certificate program to all residents. Click here to learn more about the Teaching Certificate Program.
Learn more about each of our sites:
Andrew San Juan, Pharm.D.
Project: Primary Care Diabetes Program Incorporates Community Pharmacists To Improve Patient Outcomes
Grant: 2020 APhA Foundation Incentive Grant
- Patient Care Services
- Patient-Centered Dispensing
- Pharmacy Operations Management
- Clinical Practice Management
- Practice-Based Projects
- Teaching and Facilitation
- Personal and Professional Development
Each resident will receive:
- Competitive annual stipend
- Paid vacation, state holidays and professional leave for attendance of state and national meetings
- Free life, health, and liability insurance
- Tuition discount for undergraduate and graduate courses (If desired)
For more information contact: